What area do you cover?
Included in our standard packages prices we will travel up to a 50 mile radius from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire (approx 1 hour). For further locations we can discuss a reasonable mileage charge.
How long have you been providing discos for?
We started providing discos in 1983 and have worked ever since.
What equipment do you use?
We use high quality professional sound and lighting equipment only which is designed to be reliable.
Can we choose what music is played?
Yes of course it is your function, you can have as much or as little input as you like. Whilst we are very experienced in all types of functions, nobody knows your guests like you do if you can make our job easier by taking the guesswork out of the equation it makes our job easier.
How do we book?
We require a booking deposit for all bookings, this guarantees that the date is secure for your function. Deposits can be paid online on our website and all bookings are confirmed in writing.
Do you accept credit cards?
We can accept credit/debit cards or paypal payments through our website up to 14 days prior to the function.
Do you have PLI insurance and is your equipment PAT tested for safety?
Although not a legal requirement we hold PLI insurance and all of our equipment is PAT tested Annually for safety.
Can you provide background music and microphones for speeches during our wedding breakfast?
Or wedding packages include providing background music and use of radio microphones.
Do you have any tips for great parties?
With our wealth of experience & as part of our service, we can offer advice on various aspects of your function to maximize the enjoyment. Did you know for instance?
- When booking a venue if you really want your night to be a success try and find one with the bar in the same room as the dancefloor. We have found that over the years all of the best functions have had this arrangement. A full compact function suite with the bar in the same room with all of your guests makes for a much better atmosphere than having the bar in a seperate room and having half in one room and half in the other. We have worked in many of the counties function rooms and will be able to recommend the better ones should you still be planning.
- Consider the hours of the venue, some can finish as early as 11.00pm whilst others (with prior notice) can go through to 1.00am or later. 12 o’clock finishes are generally best for weddings as guests tend to have had a very long day, much better to go out with a bang than fizzle out.
- If providing a playlist of songs or requests for a DJ please remember that not all songs are really suitable for dancing to and some can often kill a dancefloor. Allow the DJ to have the chance to use your chosen songs as a guide to the type of music you would like. The DJ will always make every effort to play the songs if suitable and will try to program them in at appropriate times throughout the function. You should try to choose songs that will have mass appeal to most of the guests at your function and that they are ones that will get people dancing and that these should not be based purely on personal taste (e.g. heavy metal rarely fills a dancefloor at a wedding).
- In our experience it is beneficial to issue tickets or invitations for your function with a 20 – 50% overflow dependent on your event type. With weddings of course this applies to the evening reception only. If you look at an average 75% attendance for a Wedding and 50 – 60% for a Birthday / Engagement Party.
- DJs get to meet many other professionals related with planning a function, these range from wedding cars, florists, balloon designers, photographers, caterers, singers, bands and comedians. We are always happy to pass on contact details if you require them.
- Don’t forget to enjoy yourself – It may seem silly but so many people are so concerned that everybody is enjoying themselves that they forget about themselves. Of course greet and chat with your guests but then let your hair down. After all those months of planning you deserve it.
If you have any further questions please submit them below or email us and we will be only too happy to answer.